Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Go Akif Go !

A couple of weeks back I nearly got a panic attack as I was surfing through my old blog and reading about Iffah at 11 months. There were a lot of things I wrote about her in terms of her developmental milestones ..words she understood, her likes and dislikes and all, gosh it was all so detailed... I looked at my adorable Akif and I realise I cannot do a similar "personal profile" because I haven't really observed much. I don't even know what his favourite activities are. It has been more of going through the motions and routines.

I have ingrained so much of the "boys usually speak later, boys are usually more active and not so focussed, boys are harder to toilet train, boys this boys that, " maybe I have set too low an expectation, so much so that I seem to be at peace even if Akif morphs into a laidback mat.

When Akif was 9 months, I was telling him to do many things ... Akif, clap !! Akif, arms up !! Arms up !! Smile Smile !! Wave your arms , Akif ! And to all he just responded with a bye bye. But because he was my cute and handsome boy, he was forgiven. ( Boys do get away with many things )

Anyway, he is turning one next Tuesday ! Yikes ! Everyday I keep telling myself I must do more for his intellectual development, and I would start off quite well in the morning singing during his bathtime and chatting with him and all but as the day goes by, I find myself just flipping magazines as he plays with his toys or merely hovering around him to ensure that he doesn't fall. Most of the time, I am thankful that his older sister is around to play and entertain him cos I would be running out of ideas of what to do.

Thankfully, he seems to be communicating more recently. Could do more gestures on instruction and beginning to sign more too . ( Iffah and I were deliriously happy when he signed milk about 2 weeks ago ) .. ( Iffah the perfectionist has been the one who is not too happy when Akif did not know his signs or mix up his signs and all so she was really very happy for his brother )

So, yes, I am really looking forward to celebrating his birthday next week ..and hopefully I can motivate myself to do more too ! Go Akif go !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Speaking as a mum © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner